The Mobile Academy is a collaboration between University College London (UCL) and Mobile Monday London. It is a new style of programme intended specifically to address the challenges of teaching a very rapidly changing subject.
Over 180 people have been through the four courses since September 2012.
The course has been very well received by its participants and many have said that their experience of the programme has contributed to subsequent successes.
This document summarises our experience of developing the principles, format and content of the programme. We also describe who participates in the programme and the outcomes that have resulted from their attendance.
The Mobile Academy, Terms and Conditions
Please note the following terms and conditions for participants on The Course which is operated by The Mobile Academy Limited (TMA).
- Participants may cancel their enrolment and receive a refund, less booking fees and administrative costs, up to 7 working days before The Course starts. Refunds are not available subsequently.
- Participants’ registration details will be shared with The Hosts.
- Material provided as part of The Course is made available for participants’ own use. It is not to be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed or in any other way used, in whole or in part, for any other purpose without the express written permission of TMA.
- TMA reserves the right to remove The Participant from The Course or exclude The Participant from the venue of The Course if the behaviour or demeanour of The Participant is considered unacceptable.
- No refund will be given in respect of a participant being unable to attend any part of The Course for any reason.
- TMA reserves the right to cancel a course, make changes to the programme, replace a tutor or change The Course venue. If The Course is cancelled by TMA, Course Fees will be refunded in full.
- TMA accepts no liability for loss or damage to The Participant’s property and shall not provide any insurance cover whatsoever to The Participant.
- The Participant is solely responsible for determining whether The Course is sufficient and suitable for the needs of The Participant. TMA does not provide any guarantee in respect of the standard of The Participant’s abilities on completion of The Course.
- Views expressed by tutors and TMA staff are their own. TMA does not accept any liability for advice given or views expressed by tutors or in any notes or documentation provided to Participants.
- Subject to limitations in law, the liability of TMA to The Participant with respect to the provision of The Course, the cancellation, postponement, or amendment of The Course, any negligence, any breach of contract, or arising in any other way out of the subject-matter of these Terms and Conditions, will not extend to:any indirect losses or damages, or to any loss of profits, loss of contracts or opportunity, whether direct or indirect, even if TMA had been advised of the possibility of those losses or if they were within TMA’s contemplation; or any costs or expenses incurred by any person or organisation in connection with travel, accommodation, reservations or other arrangements.
- The warranties and undertakings given by TMA in these terms and conditions are, to the extent permitted by law, given in lieu of all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, including any relating to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular or any purpose, or the ability to achieve any particular result.